If You are a Youth, Teen, or Young Adult:
You’ve Likely Had More Than Enough!
You’ve had enough life experience already to know that you’ve had enough. Enough rules, enough being scared or worried or anxious, enough violence, bullying, or being unsafe, enough confusion, failing, not being heard or feeling like you don’t fit in. Likely, you have had more than your fill of problems at home or at school and feel like your wants or needs are not considered.
Chances are, your parents or guardians are having a hard time understanding what it’s like to be you. The reality is, being a teen or young adult can be a daunting and overwhelming experience and your family and other adults around you often don’t see the world from your perspective or know how to help. Even if you figure you can survive this stage, is ‘survival’ really all you deserve?
“You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life,
but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
Youth Today Have Endless Pressure and Unexpected Experiences to Navigate. Signs That You Could Use Support May Include:
- I don’t feel heard by my parents or teachers
- I am often told that “I” am the problem
- There is no where safe to turn
- I am confused about who I am and how to make a good decision
- I don’t fit in; I don’t belong; no one will accept me
- I am being bullied, picked on, and ridiculed, left out
- My parents or family fight all the time and it impacts me and my life
- No one understands me and I feel lost
- I am worried all the time
- I am confused about sex and sexuality
- I have no friends or have been hurt by my friends
- I can not figure out what I am supposed to do to succeed or how to succeed
- I’m so distracted and I can’t concentrate
- I am lying to friends/family to hide my shame or to get my own way
- Sometimes I think death would be easier
- I’m doing drugs, having sex, drinking alcohol and I don’t know what else to do
- I have no motivation; I feel overwhelmed and have low energy
- I am struggling with my weight, looks, ability or image and just want to feel normal
I Am Here To Help YOU: Overcoming Adversity So You Can Change YOUR Life.
- Learn communication skills that will help ease the conflicts and challenges you face in relationships with family, friends, boyfriends or girlfriends, or other adults in your life
- Identify behaviours you would like to change and create ways to make change long term
- Explore how you can improve friendships and romantic relationships
Learn Methods To Deal With Difficult Situations At School, Work, With Friends And Family
- Find out more about boundaries and how to create and maintain healthy ones
- Discover more about who you are authentically, and develop your strengths while also growing qualities that will help you
- Consider your future possibilities while being true to yourself.
- Gain tools that can help you get more comfortable with feelings, identify your needs, find your voice, become more confident in who you are, grow your acceptance of yourself, recognize your gifts and your areas that need growth
to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
The Skills You Learn Today Can Improve YOUR Life Forever
If you are old enough to identify that things are NOT working, you are old enough to create the changes needed so that things work better. You can’t control others around you, but you can learn how you react to people and situations in a way that will help your life, not hurt it. You have the power to do that, if you choose, and I can show you how.
Positive psychology is all about seeing the bigger picture and helping you see and tap into your potential and gifts. You deserve to know how to transform surviving to thriving, scraping by to succeeding, and feeling overwhelm to experiencing freedom and possibilities.
I also work with parents; please review the
Support for Parents page for more information.
Identifying and standing in values that support the life you want is an important practice; take the first step towards creating and living by yours by contacting me for your FREE 20 minute Consultation.
ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
Easy, Accessible & Convenient!
Counselling sessions are available online or experience in-person sessions at our office in Langford.
Online sessions are as powerful and life changing as in-person sessions.
Learn how your life can finally begin to have harmony!
Contact us for a FREE
20 min consultation
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson