Is your Parenting Toolbox empty?
Your teen’s behaviours, choices and perspectives can challenge you and leave you feeling lost, confused and frustrated.
You have tried and tried. You have talked and you have listened. You have tried to control, you have tried to let go. You have tried to understand; you have tried to rationalize. But still nothing seems to change. Some days you feel like giving up. You find yourself constantly worried about your teen, or they continue to anger you by their actions, choices or mood. You tell yourself, ‘if my teen would just change then everything would be better.’
Who is this Course for?
The Thriving With Teens Program is an introductory program by Life Dances Counselling. This course, based in Positive Psychology, helps parents, grandparents, step-parents, foster parents and any adults involved closely with youth shift their perspective about what is happening for pre-teens, teens and young adults, and consider new tools and strategies that can strengthen your role and ease your approach with your teen, while also helping and supporting your teen in their struggle as they transition from child to early adult.
Struggles This Course Helps With:
- Poor communication – fights, silence or conflictual interactions
- Anxious conditions or patterns – high stress, depression, worry, anxiety, anger
- Low self-esteem, low confidence, low achievement or participation in school, apathy
- Sexual exploration or gender orientation questioning
Please note: That if your teen or family is in the middle of a major crisis (suicidal ideations, self-harm, or violence) Life Dances Counselling recommends individual or family counselling first in order to establish more stability before taking this course. Please contact Life Dances Counselling for a consult to determine what is the best support for your teen and family.
Dealing With Teens Requires New Learning and Growth:
Tools and Strategies Are Available
This course will provide helpful approaches, information and strategies to lessen the struggle and create more peace and connection with your teen and in your family:
- Improve Your Communication – learn how to listen and how to speak in a way that lessens conflict and helps your teen get to know themselves better.
- Broaden The Picture – increase your understanding of how and why your teen might be acting in these ways by considering relationship patterns and family dynamics.
- Re-build Trust – consider how emotions can be accessed in positive and constructive ways so that communication and respect can improve and teens can develop a better sense of themselves.
- Find Hope – expand your understanding of how the struggle gets created, ways to disrupt the patterns, and practice loving and supporting your teen even when you feel really challenged.
Take the step towards being the Adult your teen needs you to be today. Contact Leanna to book your FREE 10-minute consult.
Thriving With Teens Curriculum
The 4 Elements in this course is intended to help you understand your teen’s struggles and connect with them like never before.
Each element includes an hour of informative and instructional video and 2-4 impactful activities to implement and practice.
What Will I Learn?
Learn about the critical role that emotions are having in creating your teen’s struggle, and how emotions can also become a means to healing their struggle. Understand how unconscious thoughts and beliefs are influencing your teen’s choices.
You will be introduced to reflective listening as a way to improve communication and build trust with your teen. Also, you will explore how adults can deal with their own frustrations and anger in a healthy way.
Understand how anxiety, relationship patterns and particular beliefs can be passed on generationally to your teen. Learn about how anxiety moves around a family and how you can lessen the impact of anxiety in your family.
Consider the 5 aspects of wellness for your teen and family, especially one, often overlooked aspect. Be encouraged to get to know your teen better, particularly in how they understand giving and receiving love.
How long does this course take?
What is the cost of this course?
What technology do I need to take this course?
Take the step towards being the Adult your teen needs you to be today.
Contact Leanna to book your FREE 10-minute consult.
ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
Easy, Accessible & Convenient!
Counselling sessions are available online or experience in-person sessions at my office in Sooke, B.C.
Online sessions are as powerful and life changing as in-person sessions.
Learn how your life can finally begin to have harmony!
Contact me for a FREE
20 min consultation
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson