Parenting Teens Has Complex Challenges:
What are the effects?
You find yourself challenged, frustrated, scared, worried, pushed to your limits, sad, lost, and confused. These feelings are usually much more accented and felt deeply and personally for parents as their child navigates teenage-hood.
You and your partner don’t parent your teen the same way and the strain is affecting your marriage. Or perhaps your teen and your partner are fighting or they are so distant you are concerned. These are relationships patterns that can cause lasting scars and have lasting effects on everyone in the family.
You Deserve Space, Time, and Support to Consider the Complexities
Support group offers information and tools to apply in your parenting approach with teens and is also a therapeutic space to work through some of your current dilemmas you are experiencing as a parent. Some of the issues we will address include:
- What to do with your feelings as a parent
- How to be clear about your values
- How to rebuild/ensure a trusting relationship with your teen
- How to continue negotiating the changes in your family during teenage-hood
- Explore how to navigate different parenting approaches with your partner
Support Group is Advantageous for You, Your Teen,
and Your Family
Benefits of online support group include:
- Receive cost effective support (pay only 40% of what a regular individual counselling session costs and receive two hours of guidance and learning)
- Be time efficient – no travel required
- Become more prepared as a parent, as you listen to others navigate through challenges you may encounter
- Learn theories and approaches that will simplify and bring more understanding to your struggles with your teen
- Broaden your choices by gaining knowledge and awareness of how other parents are dealing with their teens or partners
- Learn about potential issues you might encounter and ways to prevent or approach conflict when they happen
- Have space and time to share and gain clarity on your own parenting struggles.
– Benjamin Franklin
UPCOMING OR CURRENT SUPPORT GROUPS
Starting Sept 5th 2020
ONLINE on Saturdays
Sept 5, 12, 19,
and Oct 3, 10, 17
from 10am – 12pm PST
for 6 weeks
Registration is open for our upcoming support group that begins September 5th, 2020 ONLINE on Saturdays from 10am-12pm PST for 6 weeks.
See the RATES PAGE for more information on payments.
You will receive an email within 24 hours confirming your interest in support group. You will be invited to have a 15 minute Zoom online consult to enable you to ask any questions you might have about support group and to ensure that support group will be beneficial for you.
REGISTER BELOW FOR SUPPORT GROUPS
ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
Easy, Accessible & Convenient!
Counselling sessions are available online or experience in-person sessions at our office in Langford.
Online sessions are as powerful and life changing as in-person sessions.
Learn how your life can finally begin to have harmony!
Contact us for a FREE
20 min consultation
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson