Teens Carry A Heavy Emotional Load: Many Aspects Affect Their Daily Lives
Are you a teen or do you know a teen who struggles with confidence, has self-doubt that holds her back, or has negative self-talk that diminishes her being? Relationships, expectations, responsibilities and emotions are ever changing and can cause much angst, pain, and confusion. Teens deserve support, tools and strategies to navigate all these aspects of life.
Stop Suffering – Start Connecting: What This Workshop Offers
Empower Me workshop offers support to step closer to self-acceptance, self-compassion, and a way to know self better. Spend 3 hours a day exploring and understanding yourself with curiosity, gentleness, and connection. Teen participants will spend time self-reflecting, listening to and supporting others, and taking steps towards personal internal goals.
Learn more about your emotions, your inner resources, and how to connect more meaningfully in relationships through positive psychology, arts-based activities, and mindfulness.
How will you go out into the world differently now because of this workshop?
Workshop participants responded: “More confident and relaxed”; “more open and peaceful”
Girls’ Workshop (ages 10-14)
- Understand the blocks that make you anxious, angry, or depressed.
- Explore tools and practices of boundaries and communicating clearly.
- Learn how to listen to your own inner wisdom and grow your confidence and joy.
- Discover how connection and support helps you to grow authentically.
What did you learn about yourself in this workshop?
Workshop Participants responded: “To be cool with myself”; “I learned a lot about my insecurity and outward mask”
When: August 13-17 2018 (Monday – Friday)
Monday to Friday from 10am – 1pm
*please bring a snack and a lunch
Where: Sooke Baptist Church Annex
7110 West Coast Road, Sooke, BC V9Z 0S1
The Annex is located out back behind the church.
How to Register:
1. Use the Contact button below to get in touch.
2. You will receive a response email and an invitation for a free 10-minute consult to answer any questions you might have and to determine if Empower Me will be a benefit to you. There will be a sign-up package and you will receive a schedule for the week.
“We empower ourselves every time we accept responsibility
for choosing our thoughts and feelings we act on.” ~ Karen Casey
Workshop is $195 (plus GST) for the week. Early bird discount (paid by June 30) is $175 (plus GST).
**Please note: Minimum number of participants for this workshop to run is 3. Maximum participants are 10, which allows for the workshop to be personalized for participants and offers a safe and well-supported environment.
When registration forms are completed, you will receive an invoice from Life Dances Counselling through PayPal, which can be paid by credit card or PayPal account. Payment in full for the workshop is due to secure the participant’s registration.
(on or before June 30, 2018)