Teens Carry A Heavy Emotional Load: Many Aspects Affect Their Daily Lives
Are you a teen or do you know a teen who struggles with confidence, has self-doubt that holds her back, or has negative self-talk that diminishes her being? Relationships, expectations, responsibilities and emotions are ever changing and can cause much angst, pain, and confusion. Teens deserve support, tools and strategies to navigate all these aspects of life.
Stop Suffering – Start Connecting: What This Workshop Offers
Empower Me workshop offers support to step closer to self-acceptance, self-compassion, and a way to know self better. Spend just over 2 hours a day exploring and understanding yourself with curiosity, gentleness, and connection. Teen participants will spend time self-reflecting, listening to and supporting others, and taking steps towards personal internal goals.
Learn more about your emotions, your inner resources, and how to connect more meaningfully in relationships through positive psychology, arts-based activities, and mindfulness.
“We empower ourselves every time we accept responsibility for
choosing our thoughts and feelings we act on.” ~ Karen Casey
Girls’ Workshop (ages 11-13 or 13-15)
- Understand the blocks that make you anxious, angry, or depressed.
- Explore tools and practices of boundaries and communicating clearly.
- Learn how to listen to your own inner wisdom and grow your confidence and joy.
- Discover how connection and support helps you to grow authentically.
When: July 24-28 2017 (Monday – Friday)
• Girls’ Group for ages 11-13 happens
Monday to Friday from 9:30am-12:00pm
• Girls’ Group for ages 13-15 happens
Monday to Friday from 1:00pm-3:30pm
Where: Sooke Baptist Church Annex
7110 West Coast Road, Sooke, BC V9Z 0S1
The Annex is located out back behind the church.
How to Register:
1. Use the Contact button below to get in touch.
2. You will receive a response email and an invitation for a free 10-minute consult to answer any questions you might have and to determine if Empower Me will be a benefit to you. There will be a sign-up package and you will receive a schedule for the week.
Workshop is $195 (plus GST) for the week. Early bird discount (paid by June 30) is $175 (plus GST).
**Please note: Minimum number of participants for this workshop to run is 3. Maximum participants are 8, which allows for the workshop to be personalized for participants and offers a safe and well-supported environment.
When registration forms are completed, you will receive an invoice from Life Dances Counselling through PayPal, which can be paid by credit card or PayPal account. Payment in full for the workshop is due to secure the participant’s registration.
(on or before June 30, 2017)